Owning a pool is a luxury. It not only is a great way to relax after a long day but also provides physical and mental health benefits. But pool ownership comes with great responsibility. You must maintain your pool regularly to avoid damage to your pool’s filtration systems and from harboring dangerous bacteria that can make swimmers ill.
Automatic pool cleaners can do the hard work for you and help keep your pool clean and spotless all year round. Keep reading to learn more about how automatic pool cleaners work, what they’re used for, and their main features.
What Are Automatic Pool Cleaners?
Automatic pool cleaners are one of the easiest ways to maintain your pool. They are robotic vacuum devices that use suction or water pressure to filter out dirt and debris from your swimming pool. These small robots are able to identify tiny particles in the water, like fibers or precipitates of heavy metals, which are invisible to the human eye.
These cleaners streamline and automate your pool care routine. Automatic pool vacuums move around the pool, detecting and picking every small sediment up. They can be programmed to run on a specific schedule, so you don’t even have to lift a finger.
Automatic cleaners come in various shapes and sizes. Some even feature advanced technologies such as sensors that detect dirt particles and adjust their cleaning pattern accordingly. Generally, there are three types of automatic pool cleaners:
- Pressure cleaners: These are connected to the pressure side of the pool’s circulation system. This water pressure helps distribute clean water across the pool and drives the cleaner around the bottom of the pool. It features a pump basket to keep dirt and debris away from the pool’s circulation system.
- Vacuum cleaners: These are the easiest to install. They are connected to the skimmer box and are powered by the pool’s filter. They randomly move around the bottom of the pool, collecting small particles and debris.
- Robotic cleaners: How do robotic pool cleaners work? They are driven by their own electric motor, independently from the pool’s circulation or filtration systems. They are the most complete of them all, as they not only feature a basket, but also an intelligent system that lets them know what areas of the pool to cover.
The type of automatic cleaner you need depends on the size and shape of your swimming pool. Smaller pools can get by with hand-held models, while larger pools require powerful vacuum devices. If you are wondering how long to run pool cleaners, the answer depends on the type and size of your pool, but the number ranges anywhere between two and six hours.
Benefits of Using an Automatic Pool Cleaner
Automatic pool cleaners offer several advantages, which make these types of cleaning methods the most efficient and effective over other ways of maintenance.
- Time Savers: They save time because you no longer need to manually vacuum your swimming pool, just set the timer on your cleaner and let it do its job. Most models run using the pool’s existing circulation system.
- Less Upkeep: They require minimal maintenance compared to other types of cleaning systems.
- Consistency: They provide consistent results because they use advanced technologies, like sensors, that detect dirt particles. This means that you won’t have any missed spots or leftover dirt particles.
Overall, automatic pool cleaners are great for keeping your swimming pools clean with minimal effort. These robotic devices use suction or water pressure to vacuum up dirt and debris from your swimming pool without having to do it manually. This saves time and provides consistent results, because many of these cleaners feature sensors that detect debris.
Additionally, these automated devices come in various shapes and sizes so there’s sure to be one that fits the needs of your pool. If you want an easier way to maintain a clean swimming pool all year round, investing in an automatic cleaner is the way to guarantee a splashing summer.
Hi, I’m Matt Harper, the founder of poolcareguy.com, a site I started with one simple mission: to help people around the world clean and take care of their pools and hot tubs on their own, without the hassle.
I’m not a professional pool cleaner and don’t have any formal training, I’m just an average guy who loves hanging out by his pool and hot tub and taking care of it. After many years on the job, I’ve become quite good at it.
On this website I will be teaching you absolutely everything I know about pools and hot tubs.