Backyard water slides are great tools to keep our kids active and happy. And they’re usually easy to install and easy to take down so you don’t have a permanent fixture to deal with when it’s not swim season.
Best of all, inflatable water slides are stand-alone playgrounds that don’t require anything but a water hose and a (usually included) air blower to use. But there are so many water slides on the market that it can get overwhelming trying to choose one. The key is to find one that fits the needs of the primary age group of the kids (or big kids) in your home.
Of course, there are also some other things you should look for, such as quality, size, repairability, and extras. This guide will help you get started. You’ll see my top picks and why I love ‘em.
1. WELLFUNTIME Inflatable Water Slide Park
- Durable and Safety Material: Safety is always the most important thing we care, the water park is made of non-toxic, odorless, it’s made of durable heavy-duty polyester fibers with double seams and double-layered lining to ensure stability and durability. Which greatly reduces the damage caused by children's careless bumping.
- Endless fun: Climbing walls and ladders take you to the top. The colorful inflatable slides and the inflatable pools are perfectly combined to experience the thrill of the slides. The shallow pool can accommodate more people, and the flexible castle is more suitable for children to show their crazy playing style. A variety of modes, set adventure, fun, competition as one of the water pass aroused the enthusiasm of children to try.
This amazing water slide park has everything a kid needs to run, play, slide, swim, splash, and explore all season long. It’s a toy they won’t get tired of and will love to invite their friends to play on.
The WELLFUNTIME inflatable water slide is super durable and safe. It’s made of non-toxic heavy-duty polyester with “double seams and double-layered lining to ensure stability and durability.”
It is equipped with climbing walls, ladders, slides, a splash pool, water sprayer, basketball rim, all in a castle-like construction that lends to a child’s imagination.
This slide is best for families with children of various ages.
2. Surf N Splash Adventure Park
- Climb, Slide And Splash Around - Water Park Includes Built In Basketball Hoop, Over Head Sprinkler And Water Spraying Wave.
- Over 14 Feet Long, 10 Feet Wide And 8 Feet Tall!
The Surf N Splash Adventure Park by BANZAI is a fantastic water slide for all ages, but it will especially appeal to the older kids with its 8-foot-high water slide and built-in basketball hoop. It also has a water spraying wave and overhead sprinkler waterfall.
This slide does come with its own blower to keep it inflated and it blows up in less than a couple of minutes. It’s so easy to set up, you won’t mind using it every day.
The Surf N Splash is made with heavy duty materials so it should last for several swim seasons. And it comes with its own patch kit in case of minor mishaps.
This slide is best for tweens and teens.
3. Sunny & Fun Deluxe Inflatable Water Park
- DELUXE INFLATABLE WATER PARK – 13.5 x 20.1 x 7.5 Feet - An Inflated List of Features Delivers Hours of Wet, Outdoor Fun; Bouncy Playset is Ideal for At-Home Entertainment & Recreation
- 5 FUN FEATURES – Climbing Wall, Water Slide, Bouncer, Toss Rings & Splash Down Pool Provide a Variety of Watery Activities; Keeps Multiple Kids Entertained at Same Time
This super heavy duty water park is durable enough to hold swimmers up to 350 lbs, and it is not short on fun! At 7 ½ feet tall, this slide will appeal to people of all ages.
The features on this water park include a huge slide, bounce house, climbing wall, sprayers, and toss rings. It’s also quick and easy to set up so you’ll be splashing around within the hour. It includes its own air pump and carrying case so you can set it up in your own yard or tote it to a party.
This slide is best for older (or larger) kids.
4. Sportspower My First Inflatable Water Slide
The My First Inflatable Water Slide from Sportspower is simply constructed, but high in quality and fun. It’s made of super durable polyester with a PVC coating to withstand lots of use.
This is a tall slide, standing at 84” but is narrow enough to fit in smaller sized backyards. It’s super easy to assemble with the air blower included. Your kids will be enjoying water play within just a few minutes.
The landing for this slide is a decent sized splash pool and the attached aimable water cannon at the end adds even more fun.This slide is best for the littles, ages 3-8, but will support up to 250 lbs.
5. H20GO! Tsunami Waves Summit Inflatable Water Park Play Center
- HOURS OF FUN: Spend countless summer hours in our Bestway Tsunami Waves Summit Inflatable Water Park Play Center! Soak up the sun and the water as your children can scale the rock climbing wall, slide down the water slide, play water basketball or shoot water blasters at each other.
- ULTIMATE WATER SLIDE: The water park features two slides with safety bumpers so kids can race all day long! Each slide ends with a soft water blob for a soft landing. A bucket randomely dumps water on the slide for a wet surprise while keeping the slide extra slippery.
This water park has just about everything you need for hours of entertainment. Where do we start?
First, it has a waterfall tunnel where kids can cool off with water and shade. Then, the side of it is a climbing wall. And in addition to the slide, there’s an attached basketball hoop above the splash pool.
This park has two slides, aimable water sprayers, and a water bucket that randomly dumps water on the slide. It inflates in less than three minutes with the included blower.
This slide is recommended for children age 3 months to 8 years, so it’s obviously best for multi-aged groups with proper supervision.
6. BANZAI Plummet Falls Adventure Slide Inflatable Water Park
- 14ft 5in L x 9ft 6in W x 8ft H inflatable water park
- Blower Motor with GFCI for maximum safety and convenience, inflates in less than 2 minutes
BANZAI is a good brand to look for when shopping for water slides. They have a pretty wide range of products from simple water slides to adventure parks like this one. The Plummet Falls Adventure slide has a huge slide with overhead sprinklers to keep it slick and wet.
This park includes a large splash pool for a cool landing, a large climbing entrance, and a “fill ‘n spill” water bucket for extra fun and laughs. It comes with its own inflater and sets up in no time.
Although no weight limit is listed, this slide is recommended for kids ages 5-12.
7. Little Tikes Rocky Mountain River Racer Inflatable Slide Bouncer
- Fun outside inflatable water bouncer includes climbing wall, two slides, and splash pool
- Maximum number of kids is 4 and the maximum combined weight limit is 350 lbs.
You can’t go wrong with Little Tikes. This company is known for making the most durable kids’ products around, and this slide is no exception!
This giant inflatable bouncer features two slides, a climbing wall, a dump bucket, and a splash pool. Kids can race up the climbing wall and see who makes it to the bottom first. It’s more than 8 feet tall and very well constructed.
This slide will hold up to 350 lbs. combined weight and is recommended for no more than 4 kids at a time. It’s recommended for ages 5-10.
8. Kahuna Twin Peaks Inflatable Water Slide
- Approximate dimensions are 14' L x 14' W x 18.5' H. The weight limit for the platform and the slide have an overall maximum weight total of 350 pounds or an individual maximum weight of 120 pounds
- 2 long curved sides
Talk about a “big Kahuna!” This inflatable park is one of the biggest on the list, making room for up to five kids to hang out and have fun. This one has a climbing wall and the middle and a slide on each side for racing.
Each side also has a basketball hoop above the roomy splash pool for added gaming. It’s equipped with multiple sprinklers and water cannons to keep the kids nice and cool and the slide slippery.
The included blower inflates the park in just around two minutes so they’ll be enjoying playtime in no time.
This product is recommended for kids 5 months and older and it’s best for parties or groups of 2 or more children.
9. Intex Surf ‘N Slide Inflatable Play Slide
- WATER FUN: The Intex Surf 'N Slide is a 15-foot inflatable water slide designed for fun in the sun for your kiddos; Dimensions (L x W x H): 15.1 x 5.5 x 5.2 feet
- SAFE: This water slide is crafted out of durable 16-gauge vinyl and features a landing pad underneath for extra padding
This slide is sort of an upgrade from a slip and slide type inflatable, but it’s a smaller product than many of the bounce house slides we’ve listed. If you’re looking for something that takes up less space but that kids of all ages can still enjoy, this is it.
The Surf ‘N Slide features a shark mouth entrance and comes with 2 inflatable surf boards. It doesn’t require electricity because it doesn’t need constant airflow like those much bigger slides. This one can be inflated with any electric, manual, or foot pump.
The product is recommended for ages 6 and up, but can only be used by one slider at a time.
10. Blast Zone Pirate Blaster Inflatable Water Park
- Big 20x12x8 Play Park with Water Slide and Mini Bouncer W/Safety Netting and Commercial Vinyl Bounce Floor
- Fun Pirate Theme with Dual Water Cannons and Crawl Tunnel
This slide takes up a lot of real estate, measuring 20’x12’x8’, but if you have the room, it’s totally worth it!
As the name suggests, it’s designed with a fun pirate theme. It has a crawl tunnel, mini-bouncer with safety netting, climbing tunnel, slide, two water cannons, and a large splash pool. It also comes with ground stakes, air blower, and a handy instructional DVD.
This one is probably my top pick among the large inflatable slides for its massive amount of play room. Up to 6 kids can enjoy this park at a time, as long as you don’t exceed the 600 lb. combined weight limit.
No matter what you’re looking for in a water slide for your kids, you’re sure to find something you like on our list. One of the most important things to keep in mind is the size of your yard and how much space you want to take up.
Once you’ve decided that, examine the specs for durability, age recommendations, weight limits, and required equipment.
Your kids can always have a say in the design. But keep in mind they’ll probably pick the biggest ones, so narrow it down to a few choices to let them pick from.
And most importantly, never leave your kids unattended with any water toy, no matter how shallow the water is.