In the world of swimming, you’ll find tons of inflatable products — pool toys, inner tubes, bouncers, floaties, slides, loungers, and even pools themselves.
Sure, you could blow them up the old-fashioned way, but that can take hours and completely exhaust you. Why would you want to be too exhausted to play when you don’t have to?!
The best and most common way to inflate all those blow-up items is with a pump. Some products come with their own, especially the ones that require constant air. But most of the time, you’ll be left to your own devices.
And speaking of devices...how about one of these handy pumps to make your job easier and faster than you ever imagined?
1. AGPTEK Portable Quick-Fill Air Pump
- Powerful Electric Air Pump -- The AGPtek air pumps are so powerful that it can not only inflate items but also deflate products by sucking air out! Car power adapter and home power adapter are included, making it possible for indoor and outdoor use. ( NOTE: This air pump is NOT rechargeable and NOT FOR BALLOONS!!!!!! )
- 3 Nozzles to Choose -- We have 3 nozzles of different size in the electric air mattress pumps – S, M and L, allowing you to inflate/deflate different items in any occasions!
This portable air pump from AGPTEK could be the most powerful pump you’ll ever need. It can inflate and deflate almost any item you have in minutes.
What’s great about this product is that it’s completely portable for that camping trip or day trip to the beach. It comes with both a home power adaptor and a car adaptor. And it’s very lightweight so you can pack it away anywhere.
It also includes three different sized nozzles so that you can use it for all different kinds of valves. The only warning is not to use it for balloons!
2. Vstarner Handheld Portable Air Compressor Pump
- Portable Size - The car air compressor size is 9.84 * 2.15 * 1.77 inches, and the weight of the main unit is only 400g, which is more suitable for use. It is easy to use and does not take up much space. It is equipped with a storage bag. In addition, we are You provide 1 year of support services, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
- 150PSI maximum air pressure - The newly designed high-precision alloy die-casting cylinder can be pressurized to 150 psi. It is safe and reliable. Compared with the traditional air pump, the volume is reduced by about 38%, and the inflation rate is increased by about 2 times. Battery overcharge protection, overdischarge protection, short circuit protection, undervoltage protection and temperature monitoring functions ensure safe use at all times.
Ok, this just might be the coolest air pump on the market. Originally designed for tires, this baby can inflate just about anything quickly.
The great thing is that you can set it to an automatic pressure and it will stop when it gets there. It can also be charged with any USB device and is tiny and portable.
This pump comes with its own hose and 4 adaptors to make it fit nearly any inflatable object from basketballs to swimming pools.
3. The Shark Air Pump by OutdoorMaster
- ACTIVE COOLING SYSTEM - The one and only SUP electric air pump with active cooling system up to 20PSI FOR 3 BOARDS IN A ROW - Enjoy a sleekly designed paddle board pump with fast, high pressure inflation and consistent cooling system - Made to Share!
- FAST & POWERFUL DUAL STAGE & AUTO OFF FOR EASY INFLATION - Automatic dual stage pump: 1st stage for MAXIMUM SPEED at 350L/min and 2nd stage for MAXIMUM PRESSURE at 70L/min. The AUTO-OFF FUNCTION turns the pump off when target pressure is reached when inflating. When packing up the deflation function will MAKE DEFLATING QUICK & EASY.
The Shark is designed for inflating larger objects like inflatable paddleboards and boats. It’s super powerful and has its own active cooling system so that you can keep inflating without it getting hot and shutting off.
This pump is high-tech in many ways, namely its dual-stage and auto shut-off features. The first stage inflates at max speed of 350L/min and the second stage inflates at maximum pressure at 70L/min. Then it shuts itself off when the target pressure is reached.
The digital display on the pump makes it easy to control and monitor. And its full set of nozzles makes it compatible with just about any inflatable.
You can use this pump at home or on the go with its powerful 12V DC connector.
4. Pro Sports Ball Tool Air Pump
- 1: FEATURES: Small Easy to carry, Eco-friendly, Don't use electricity,you can inflate your sports balls to tip-top shape for more playing enjoy any courts or fields.7.5" x 1.5" volumes air is inflated to ball body at one stoke,which is much more than 8 inches.
- 2: EASY TO USE: Kids can also be easy to use the plastic tapered nozzle for inflatable toys and balloon,best gift for boys and girls.Also fit for swim ring beach ball inflatable pillow inflatable hand Arm ring.
For those of you who don’t mind using a little elbow grease, we’ve included this hand pump that’s best for smaller inflatables, such as swim rings and inflatable pool toys. It’s easy to carry and easy enough for even the kiddos to use.
This pump comes with several needles and nozzles to fit any attachment. It’s also very lightweight and comes with a 100% money back guarantee.
5. MONODEAL Portable Rechargeable Air Pump
Do you need an air pump that’s camouflaged to look like a log? Probably not, but it sure is cool!
The MONODEAL Pump is completely wireless and rechargeable, using anything from a power bank to a wall socket. And it comes with three different sized nozzles for use on almost any inflatable.
You can fully charge this pump’s lithium-ion battery in a matter of just a few hours and it will last for up to 45 minutes of non-stop use.
MONODEAL offers a 1-year free replacement warranty, or you can request a full refund within 180 days if you’re not satisfied.
6. WEY&FLY High Output Hand Pump
- The Double Quick inflation pump is a super high-output manual inflation pump that is durable, portable and easy to use.
- This big, hi-volume inflation pump includes an accordian air hose with 3 interconnecting nozzles to fit small, medium and large diameter inflation valves as well as needle valves.
This product is a hand pump on steroids. It’s double the speed and double the power of a regular hand pump so that you can inflate your pool toys in seconds.
It comes with 3 different size nozzles and an accordion air hose for complete adaptability to any inflatable. And what makes it unique is that it’s designed to pump air on both the up and down strokes, making it double action.
7. FLEXTAILGEAR MAX Pump Plus Portable Air Pump
- ➤【QUICK INFLATION/DEFLATION】- Flextailgear portable air pump features 300L/min wind speed and 2.2 kPa air pressure, which ensures rapid in/deflation of inflatable products, more efficient than others. The mini air pump is able to inflate air bed in 3 min, air raft in 1 min, swimming ring in 30s. Perfect in/deflation function for outdoor camping, beach, hiking, indoor storage, etc.
- ➤【POWERFUL & RECHARGEABLE BATTERY】- With large 3600mAh lithium battery, our rechargeable air pump works up to 45 minutes after fully charged. One charge for 50 swim ring inflation, 10 air bed inflation, and 20 storage bag deflation. Side USB port supports 4 ways of charging: power bank, laptop, car charger, or power adapter.
By far the most portable pump on the list, this FLEXTAILGEAR Max Pump easily fits in the palm of your hand and weighs just under 5 ounces.
But that doesn’t mean it’s short on power! This baby will quickly inflate or deflate most pool toys in a matter of seconds.
It’s powered by a lithium battery that is USB chargeable so you can take it anywhere.
8. Intex Air Quick-Fill Pump
- New shape with easy carry handle
- Includes 3 interconnecting nozzles
When in doubt, always choose an Intex product. They’ve been around a long time and are a well-respected brand in the pool world. And this air pump is no exception.
The Quick-Fill pump is designed to be plugged into a wall, but car adaptors and rechargeable batteries can be purchased separately for a reasonable price.
The maximum airflow for this unit is 1100L/min, which is one of the most powerful on the market. And it’s conveniently shaped with a handle for portability.
9. Airhead Hi Pressure Air Pump
- This is the best performing 120 volt air pump available, inflating and deflating at unprecedented speed.
- Seven universal adapters are provided to fit all valves commonly used on boats, kayaks, towables and other inflatables.
This mighty little 120-volt air pump is super fast and super powerful. But it does come equipped with a pressure relief valve to prevent over-inflating smaller items.
It comes with 7 universal adapters to fit most valves and an accordion-style hose that locks firmly onto the pump.
This one is not wireless or rechargeable, but it does come with a 10 ft. long power cord.
10. Seamax Double Stage Electric Air Pump
- Seamax SUP20D PRO Signature Edition air pump is an upgraded version in our SUP pumps family. Programmed intelligent proactive digital controller, voltage sensor, temperature sensor, and overheat protection for managed dual stage inflation. Backlit LCD display and audible indicator to provide real-time working status to users. Major parts made of marine grade engineered ABS and Nylon material for durability. Low power consumption, 5-10A (60-120W). Wide range of working temperature and humidity.
- 1st stage max speed 350L/min; 2nd stage max speed 70L/min, Pressure setting increments 0.5 PSI and support up to 20PSI. Real time pressure monitoring and auto stop once selected pressure reached; High efficient dual air inflators controlled by digital pressure controller module; Supported working range 0.5 - 20 PSI (20 PSI = 1.378 Bar =138 Kilo-Pascal); accurateness 0.01 PSI.
This high-tech pump from Seamax is programmed with a proactive digital controller, voltage sensor, temp sensor, and overheat protection. It also has a backlit LCD display and an “audible indicator” to closely monitor its progress.
It’s built tough with marine-grade materials to withstand a wide range of temperatures and humidity levels.
This pump works in stages, first at max speed and then, increasing its pressure. And its working speed is beyond compare. You can inflate a 9-foot boat in just 10 minutes!
11. Seamax 7L Single Stage Foot Pump
- Standard foot pump with HR adapter for Halkey Roberts, Bravo, and similar types air valves
- Strong plastic inflator. 5 Feet air hose.
Another great product from Seamax, this foot pump is suitable for almost any inflatable, including large ones like boats and paddleboards.
This type of foot pump is known as a “bellows” pump for its accordion-style similar to old-fashioned fireplace bellows. It comes with a 5-foot air hose and an adaptor for different valves.
These are nice to have when you don’t want to worry about making sure your pump has a charge. It’s not quite as fast as an electric pump, but it’s much faster and easier to use than most hand pumps.
How to Choose an Air Pump
There are a few things you should look for when you’re shopping for an inflatable air pump. And the first thing to consider is what it will be used for. For example, if you’re inflating a large pool, you’ll probably need something bigger than a hand pump.
On the other hand, if you’ll just be inflating small pool toys and floaties, you won’t need a powerful electric pump. And if you do decide to use one, you’ll have to carefully monitor how much pressure you’re using and how long it’s inflating.
The other thing to think about is where you’ll be using your air pump the most. Using one at home for your pool may just require one that plugs into a wall outlet. But if you’ll be using it mostly at the beach or lake, you might want to get one that can be charged with your car outlet.
Many people like to keep a hand or foot pump on hand as well as an electric one just in case they find themselves somewhere they can’t charge it. This will also save you in the event you forget to charge your pump before leaving home.
While choosing an air pump for your inflatables might not seem like a huge decision, there are a lot on the market, so it’s easy to get overwhelmed. Stick with the ones on this list and you probably can’t go wrong as long as you consider how and where you’ll be using it most.