Keeping the kiddos entertained and engaged in activities is not as easy as it used to be. Nowadays, everything and everyone is competing with electronics and television for their attention.
But getting your kids to play outdoors is probably a big priority for you. After all, vitamin D and exercise are something most of them are lacking after a year of indoor learning.
An outdoor pool is one of the best investments you can make as far as providing your family with exercise and entertainment. But when the new wears off of just splashing around, you might be looking to add a little more fun.
Pool games are a great way to give your kids a reason to stay outdoors. And they not only provide entertainment, but they can also engage their minds. Talk about a win-win!
So, what types of games can you bring into the pool? We’re glad you asked! There are a lot more out there than just plain ol’ beach balls. In fact, we think you’ll be surprised.
The key to getting the perfect pool game is to keep your kids’ ages in mind. The product itself will have a general guideline to help you with this, but you should also take their particular skill levels into consideration. Once you’ve done that, you can narrow it down to a few of the best we have listed here or you can venture out on your own.
Whatever you decide to do is sure to make your backyard a place your family won’t wanna leave!
1. QPAU Inflatable Pool Float Set
No products found.
Let’s start the list off with one of the most versatile pool toys you can buy. This inflatable set includes a basketball hoop, volleyball net, basketball, and volleyball. It has a sturdy frame built to withstand a little rough housing.
With this set, you can choose to set up a full volleyball or basketball water court. Or you can set them both up at the same time if you have a large pool.
The great thing about this product is that it’s great for all ages, but recommended for ages 13 and up. In other words, you can have a pool party for your teens that’s sure to keep them entertained.
2. ToyerBee Diving Toys
This is a 28 piece set of diving toys that includes a bunch of various-sized objects that are fun for kids to find. The items include bucket water guns, water torpedos, diving rings, diving sticks, funny little squids, and diving gems.
You can do so many things with these. Toss them in the bottom of a shallow baby pool for sensory play. Or throw them around your full-sized pool and let the kids collect them for prizes.
Of course, what you choose to do with them will depend entirely on the age and swimming ability of the kids attending. But you can use your imagination to come up with all kinds of crazy games to play.
All these items are made out of a durable material so they won’t deteriorate or fall apart in the water. These are recommended for ages 3 and up and can be enjoyed by kids of all ages.
3. Inflatable Pool Ring Toss Pool Game
- Pool Water Party Game--1Pcs *cross ring toss 4 pcs *rings. This water game toy set is the perfect gift for children and adults. It will be popular with kids in party or pool party to provide 2-3 people to play, and its enough quantities could make kids play the match and active atmosphere. It's perfect entertainment for kids pool party. Tips: If it's a party, we recommend buying multiple to let your friends and children interact.
- Size & Material: Cross shape size: 32 x 16 inch. Rings are 9.75 inch. made of quality PVC, environmental and durable for long-lasting use.Meet US toy standard. EN71 test approved. The entire set is completely inflatable making it easy to store and carry. When finished playing inflate the air and store until next time.
This is a cool variation on your typical ring toss game. The cross ring toss base is inflatable so it can float in the pool. And it comes with 4 inflatable rings to toss onto the pegs.
This game is safe for ages 3 and up, but will probably get a lot more use with the pre-teens and older crowd. For bigger pools and parties, you might consider buying more than one of these games so that everyone can play at once.
This is all made from quality PVC that’s made to last and endure regular play. It’s also small enough to store away whenever it’s not in use.
4. TURNMEON Battle Log Rafts
If you’re looking for something unique, this could be just the thing for you. The set includes 4 inflatable rafts that look like logs and 4 inflatable canes that look like giant wooden cotton swabs.
The way it works is that players float on the log rafts and try to knock each other off with their canes. Of course, they’re all inflatable so you don’t have to worry about anyone getting hurt.
These are all quick and easy to inflate and perfect to tote along on a camping trip or a day at the pool even if you don’t have your own.
5. JOINBO Inflatable Pool Ring Toss Game
This is an even more unique take on the classic ring toss game that your whole family is sure to love. The ring toss base is a set of four 17.8 inch tall dolphins with their noses in the air. And it comes with 8 inflatable rings and a hand-held pump for fast inflation.
Games like these are known to help develop kids’ hand-eye coordination and they’re also loads of fun. This one is made from super thick PVC and built to last.
There’s no age limit listed with the toy, but we would assume it would be fine for all ages as long as they can throw a ring. It can also be used on the ground as well as in the water.
6. Intex Kool Splash Inflatable Play Center
- Inflatable swimming pool water slide to introduce a new, fun way to make a splash in your pool; Suitable for ages 6 and up
- Constructed of super strong 20 gauge vinyl materials and strong fused seams to last all summer long; User weight limit: 176 pounds
What’s more fun than adding a slide onto your pool? This one doesn’t require any construction and is super easy to install.
This water slide inflates and can be attached to a water hose to add sprayers. Then all you have to do is put it on the side of your pool and slide right in.
It has five separate air chambers so that it will stay safely blown up at all times. And the soft landing pad extension adds some cushion and safety to the landing.
7. Poolmaster Tic Tac Toe Game
- Jumbo inflatable water game board features large square windows for young players to practice hand-eye coordination
- Toss game for playing and scoring on water or lawn; game includes 5 generous-size X's and 5 generous-size O's
You’ve played tic tac toe, but have you ever played it in the water? We’d guess not too many people have, but what could be more fun?
This is a jump inflatable grid game board that has large square windows to place the large inflatable X’s and O’s. It’s played just like the age-old game we know, but it floats on top of the water.
The board measures 4 feet by 4 feet and is made out of durable 8 gauge vinyl. You can also reverse it for a couple of color options — blue or orange.
8. Camlinbo Bean Bag Toss Game
No products found.
This inflatable bean bag toss game includes an inflatable corn hole game board and 3 floating bean bags. The board has extra high sides so that it remains stable during play. And the bean bags are waterproof and stay on top of the water so you won’t have trouble finding them.
The pieces are bright and colorful and super easy to inflate. This game is recommended for ages three and up. And it’s great for hand-eye coordination as well as being boatloads of fun.
9. Fun Knuckles Swimming Pool Hoop Shark Basketball Set
- AMAZING VALUE: Experience why our customers rave about the quality and value of our Pool Hoop Set
- TOTAL PACKAGE: The included basketball will have you playing pool games in no time
This hoop set is popular among even the most serious pool ball enthusiasts. The colorful orange and blue hoop floats on the water and offers two levels of challenges. You can either toss the ball through the sides to go through the bottom. Or you can aim for the opening at the top.
This product is made from a strong material made to withstand lots of play. And the large valves make it easy to air up and deflate.
10. COOP Hydro Lacrosse Game Set
- FUN OUTDOOR GAME: Lacrosse game set is perfect for pool, beach, or backyard play.
- EASY TO PLAY: catch, scoop, throw and cradle with ease. -Great for young lacrosse players, and the whole family.
If you’re looking for a simpler game that doesn’t require floating parts, you might like this lacrosse set that’s perfect for the beach, pool, OR backyard.
The game is simple — catch, scoop, throw, and cradle…whatever method helps you get the ball to your opponent faster.
The set includes two lacrosse sticks and one soft ball. It’s the perfect game to pack into the car to take along or to tote to the backyard pool for hours of fun.
Parents will do almost anything to keep their kids active and entertained, especially in the summer months when it’s good for them to be outside. So, it’s a good idea to be prepared with a few games they’ll love to play.
More Fun Ideas:
Hi, I’m Matt Harper, the founder of poolcareguy.com, a site I started with one simple mission: to help people around the world clean and take care of their pools and hot tubs on their own, without the hassle.
I’m not a professional pool cleaner and don’t have any formal training, I’m just an average guy who loves hanging out by his pool and hot tub and taking care of it. After many years on the job, I’ve become quite good at it.
On this website I will be teaching you absolutely everything I know about pools and hot tubs.